About the quote

How much will I get paid for my car?

All vehicles entered into Sell Us Your Scrap Car website are given an instant quotation from our weight database to ensure that every customer receives a quote inline with the true valuation of your vehicle. Our prices are matched against fluctuations in the metal prices to ensure you are offered the best price at all times, regardless of location or condition.
To get a free, instant, no obligation quote click here.

What does the term “complete vehicle” mean?

A complete vehicle is a car or light van which has all its essential parts: the engine, bodywork, transmission, catalytic converter, major interior components such as seats, battery and wheels. The vehicle does not have to be drivable nor does the engine have to run in order for it to be “complete”.

My car insurance has expired, does it need to be valid for me to get paid for my vehicle?

No. Your vehicle does not need to have a valid insurance policy for it to be accepted by us, but will need to be collected.

Do I need to have the keys for my vehicle?

It does help us to know whether or not the keys are available, however this is not essential and does not affect the quotation.

Does my vehicle need to be free from waste?

No, but our quotation will be based on your car being free from waste, so please remove any personal items before it is collected.

Does my vehicle need to be free from damage?

No, but please tell us about the damage just in case it does affect our quotation.

Do you we take motorbikes

We may be able to accept motorcycles for recycling but we are not able to give you an instant online quotation for motorcycles so please call us for our best price.

Do we take caravans?

We can do as we want to help our customers with any difficult query, so please call us but there will be a charge.

The legal bit

Do I need to provide the registration document for my car?

Ideally, we prefer you to hand over your V5C registration document (also known as a log book) in order to issue your car a Certificate of Destruction (CoD). However, if you do not have the registration document available, a Certificate of Destruction can usually be issued without it.

How will I get my DVLA Certificate of Destruction?

Your DVLA Certificate of Destruction if required for your vehicle will be sent to you electronically by e-mail.

When will I get my DVLA Certificate of Destruction?

Your DVLA Certificate of Destruction (CoD) if required will be sent to you within 7 days of your car arriving at our Agent’s Authorised Treatment Facility (recycling centre).

What proof will I get that I am no longer legally responsible for my vehicle?

We will issue you with a DVLA Certificate of Destruction (CoD) which is proof that your vehicle has been scrapped legally, and that you are no longer responsible for that vehicle.

Any more questions we’ve missed?

If you have any questions about our service, speak to us, we won’t bite! Please give us a call or us our contact form, we’re always happy to help.